Juan de la Cierva-Inc post-doctoral fellow at the Basque Center for Climate Change (BC3). My research focuses on knowledge co-production in the collapsing social-ecological system of the Mar Menor lagoon (Murcia, Spain). I apply participatory research methods to explore societal factors behind ecological collapse including scientific controversy and uncertainty, socio-political polarization and associated collective emotions.
In this research project I build upon my previous research topics to foster new lines, as outlined below.
New research lines
- Conflict-sensitive knowledge co-production
- Emotional turn in sustainability
- Relational uncertainty
- Citizen assemblies and deliberative formats for environmental governance
Previous research lines
- Narrative research
- Online-offline participation
- Water governance
- Water-Energy-Food nexus
- Science for governance & actionable knowledge
You can visit my publications to know more about my research